Taking advantage of a military discount for a Disney cruise is much easier than most people think. What's more, military discounts do not apply exclusively to active-duty personnel. Just about anyone affiliated with the Armed Forces can save money on a high seas adventure with Mickey and his pals.
Disney Cruise Military Discounts
Disney-themed fun on the high seas can cost a pretty penny for passengers, but armed forces personnel can qualify for special reduced rates. The following military and defense personnel are eligible for a discount on Disney cruises:
- Active or retired military or their spouses
- All injured or disabled military personnel
- Air Force, Marines, Army (including Army National Guard), Navy, and Coast Guard members
- Military reservists (for all branches of the Armed Forces)
- Department of Defense personnel, including FBI, CIA and Secret Service
Rules and Regulations
In order to take advantage of the military discount for one of Disney's cruises, you must follow the program's rules and regulations. By doing so, you can expect to save up to 25 percent off standard rates on select cruises.
Prior to booking a cruise using a military discount, be aware of the following.
- Valid military identification is required. You must produce an active military identification card or a letter stating proof of employment on government letterhead. Retired or honorably discharged military personnel must produce DD214 discharge papers or a copy of a LES (leave and earning statement). All documents must be provided at check in. Papers must be dated as of January 1st of the previous year.
- The discount is limited to one stateroom per qualifying military personnel member per cruise and is only valid for new bookings.
- To qualify for this discount, a military service member (or spouse) is required to sail.
- Availability is limited to fifty staterooms per category per sail.
- Price and availability are not guaranteed until payment is made.
- All rates are per person based on double occupancy and cannot be combined with any other offer.
- Government taxes, fees and gratuities, as well as excursions, are not included.
- Discounts are subject to availability and can end without notice.
- The offer is available only on certain cruises, which will be listed on the military discount rates info page.
Disney Cruise Perks
A Disney cruise includes a number of activities and perks. The list below is a general list of offerings that can be enjoyed as part of the price of the cruise.
- On board accommodations
- Live entertainment, including song and dance spectaculars
- Themed deck parties
- Pools and recreation
- Youth clubs
- Adult nightclubs and lounges
- Wide selection of dining
- Disney character and movie experiences
Since military discounts are reserved for select Disney cruises in the course of a calendar year, it's a good idea to book early. To ensure you are getting the best rate available on the itinerary of your choice, it helps to use a travel agent who specializes in Disney travel. He or she will have access to all restrictions regarding Disney military cruise discounts. Another option is to reserve your passage directly through Disney Cruise Line. Remember to mention that you plan to use Disney's military discount prior to selecting a cruise itinerary.