For those who enjoy day cruises, south Florida has many options. Whether you prefer public sightseeing tours, gambling at sea, or you want to charter a yacht for a private event, you're sure to find an option that meets your needs in south Florida.
South Florida Sightseeing Cruises
- Carrie B Harbor Tours offers daily morning and afternoon tours of the Fort Lauderdale area. The daily fully narrated sightseeing cruises last 90 minutes. Additionally, during December, passengers can enjoy an evening holiday lights extravaganza cruise lasting approximately two hours.
- A sightseeing cruise on the 550 passenger Jungle Queen Riverboat is a great way to cruise the New River and see both downtown Fort Lauderdale and the area's impressive yacht basins. Visitors can choose from daily morning or afternoon tours, or enjoy an evening dinner cruise featuring a rib, chicken, and shrimp meal.
- In Miami's beautiful Biscayne Bay National Park, visitors can enjoy a glass bottom boat tour of Biscayne Bay. One three hour cruise is scheduled every day on Reef Rover IV, leaving port at 10 a.m. Passengers will have an opportunity to enjoy a unique perspective of the aquatic life of the bay. On any given day, cruisers may see dolphins, sea turtles, and a wide variety of tropical fish.
- Island Queen Cruises offers daily 90-minute cruises on the Island Queen and Pink Lady yachts. The route provides spectacular views of Miami's Millionaire's Row, the Port of Miami, the downtown Miami skyline, and other sights. Evening dance cruises are also available.
- Palm Beach Water Taxi operates day cruises on its 20 passenger covered launches and 49 passenger Corinthian catamaran. Tour options include the "Palm Beach Now and Then" cruise, seasonal manatee tours, cruises around Peanut Island, snorkel tours, and sunset cruises. Private charters are also available.
- Fury Water Adventures of Key West provides a variety of day cruise options. The company owns and operates a fleet of tour boats. Visitors can enjoy snorkeling tours, glass bottom boat excursions, sunset sails on one of three catamarans, and more. Private charters are also available.
- Sebago Key West offers a variety of day cruises. Customers can select from among a glass bottom boat tour, a champagne sunset sail on a catamaran, sailing on one of the company's three historic schooners, a dolphin encounter tour, and several other options.
- Travel from Key West to Dry Tortugas National Park via a day cruise ferry ride. This full day tour departs early in the morning and returns just before dark. Passengers will enjoy a pleasant cruise accompanied by an opportunity to explore this unique National Park not accessible by automobile. Cruisers will dine on a buffet style picnic lunch and have time to explore historic Fort Jefferson, engage in bird watching, or snorkel in the crystal clear waters.
Private Day Cruises South Florida
- Holiday of Magic provides private yacht charters for social and corporate events. Cruisers may book their choice of the 62-foot Holiday of Magic yacht or the 100-foot Miami Magic motor yacht, which can hold up to 149 passengers.
- Enjoy a private partial or full-day Biscayne Bay cruise on the 65-foot My Friendship yacht. This boat is available for private charters for groups of up to thirty and is often utilized for parties, weddings, and corporate events.
Enjoying South Florida Day Cruises
To fully appreciate the unique beauty of south Florida, touring the area by water is a must. The shorelines of Palm Beach, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and Key West are absolutely stunning when viewed from one of the area's many bodies of water. No matter which type of cruise you choose, you're sure to enjoy breathtaking views of the waterfront and seascape surrounding one of the most beautiful places in the world.