To cruise around Hawaii is to cruise around paradise. Hawaii is a set of Islands in the Pacific Ocean, each one unique and an ideal place to spend a honeymoon, vacation or even to live year round. When considering a cruise, think about heading to Hawaii and the Hawaiian Islands.
Getting a Hawaii Cruise for You
Taking a cruise to Hawaii is an amazing experience. These cruises make an impressive gift, a good last minute trip and the perfect way to enjoy a long honeymoon. Hawaii cruise options include:
- Book a cruise that's round trip: It will pick you up on the West Coast port city of your choice, take you to the Hawaiian Islands and back again. It will make port calls throughout the Islands.
- Book a cruise from port to Hawaii: The cruise will pick you up on the West Coast port city and take you to Hawaii. You enjoy a vacation on the Islands and fly back home from Hawaii.
- Book a cruise from Hawaii to home: You can fly to Hawaii, enjoy your vacation there and then take a cruise back home. This option allows you to spend as much time as you like in Hawaii prior to your cruise portion.
Choose the right option for you based on your budget and timeline restrictions. Also, consider what is most important to you. Do you want to see a lot of Hawaii (with extended land stays) or would you rather spend most of your time on the cruise itself?
Cruise Lines Traveling to Hawaii
There are several ways to book your Hawaiian cruise. You can book through any of the online travel companies or you can book with a travel agent locally.
You may want to consider booking directly with the cruise line that will take you from place to place. Shopping each of these services can help you to save money, too. Plus, not all cruises are the same. Find out what activities, port calls and overall experiences you can expect.
Popular options to cruise around Hawaii include these cruise lines.
- Princess Cruises offers a range of great Hawaiian cruises. They often leave from Los Angeles, California, but other port options may be available. A popular option is the 14-night cruise from Los Angeles on the Golden Princess cruise ship.
- Carnival Cruise Line provides Hawaiian cruises, too. This large company offers a number of different cruises, including those coming from Hawaii to the States. Twelve night cruises are popular, leaving from Ensenada or Honolulu.
- Norwegian Cruise Line also offers Hawaiian cruises from Honolulu and from Los Angeles. The Pride of America ship is one of the most popular for the Hawaiian cruises.
- Royal Caribbean Cruises offers several cruises throughout the year to Hawaii and the other Islands. They offer departures from Vancouver, specifically on the Rhapsody of the Seas.
There are many other cruise lines to choose from, too. Your goal should be to find the one that fits your needs the very best.
Ports of Call: Cruise Around Hawaii
For individuals who want to spend at least some of their time cruising around the Hawaiian Islands, you have several ports of call to enjoy.
- Hilo, Hawaii
- Honolulu, Oahu
- Republic of Kirbati
- Kona, Hawaii
- Lahaina, Maui
- Nawiliwili, Kauai
- Kahului, Maui
Each port city is quite unique. Hawaii may be known as a single destination, but each of the state's 137 islands is individually special. You can expect to find a variety of things to do at each port. To find out which ports you will visit, check your cruise itinerary.
- Find out if there are any sports activities to enjoy such as water skiing, snorkeling, swimming and sailing.
- Learn about the historical areas to see at the port and beyond. Many of the Hawaiian Islands have storied histories worth learning.
- Find out if there is shopping, museums, recreational facilities, restaurants and other activities available at the port city.
Plan in advance for any of these trips into port. A cruise around Hawaii has to be one of the things you truly put your heart into, so be sure to do as much planning as possible for it!