New York City has one of the most glamorous and recognizable skylines in the world, and there is no better way to see it than aboard a party boat from City Lights Cruises.
About City Lights Cruises
This trendy company offers a range of party cruises on their luxury yachts suitable for all types of passengers. With six ships boasting names like Star, Cabaret, and Temptress, it is no surprise that the nightclub-on-the-water atmosphere is both trendy and sumptuous. Passengers are treated to many amenities, including:
- A range of music provided by professional DJs. Passengers can even request their favorite tunes.
- Multiple dance floors to provide different swinging styles.
- Premium bar service offering beer, wine, cocktails, and soft drinks.
- A hot buffet with appetizers such as pasta, rolls, chicken, and salad.
- Panoramic views from enclosed, climate-controlled lounges and dining areas.
Different ships offer slightly different features, and interested passengers should choose which voyage best suits their personality and socializing flair.
City Lights Cruises offers three basic types of cruises. Each one lasts three hours (with an additional half hour for boarding and debarking), with regular departures on Friday and Saturday evenings as well as Saturday and Sunday afternoons. The majority of voyages are offered between Memorial Day and Labor Day, with year-round options scheduled based on consumer demand. Passengers planning on visiting New York should note that no cruises are offered during January, however.
City Lights voyages include:
- Harbor Party Cruises: These are the most casual events offered on the smallest ship of the fleet, the Star. The intimate atmosphere and amenities make these fun sailings a memorable event for everyone aboard.
- Yacht Party Cruises: These are the most popular options, and City Lights Cruises operates a number of vessels to provide these luxury events. These ships are larger and offer several lounges and recreational spaces for passengers to enjoy.
- Premium Party Cruises: These elite sailings aboard the Atlantica were introduced during the summer of 2005 with great success. This ultra-luxury yacht features a formal dining area, cocktail lounge, and lighted fountain on the open sundeck to add distinction to any event and a sense of ultimate indulgence to a party cruise.
Chartering a Cruise
If a basic sailing isn't appealing, City Lights Cruises also offers charter services for wedding ceremonies, receptions, birthdays, family reunions, business luncheons, and other special occasions. Pricing is based on the ship chosen, duration of the sailing, and amenities featured. Interested parties can choose from a range of dining options (appetizers, casual and formal buffets, or sit down meals) and drink services (open bar, cash bar, or non-alcoholic bar) to suit their needs and preferences.
Cost of Cruises
City Lights rates vary depending on the specific ship and type of voyage a customer is interested in. Prices range from $55-80 for the three-hour voyage, and that price includes the first two drinks on board (alcoholic or non-alcoholic). Advance reservations are recommended, and prepayment is encouraged to ensure that passengers can be accommodated on board.
For more information about City Lights Cruises including upcoming sailing dates and vessel details, prospective passengers can visit the company's website, call (212) 822-8880, or contact the company by writing:
20 West 20th St., 2cd Floor
New York, NY 10011
Additional Tours of City Lights
Despite the stellar reputation and range of services offered by City Lights Cruises, some passengers may prefer different types of voyages to view the New York City skyline. Other companies also offer river and harbor excursions with stunning views of the skyline, with options including:
Regardless of which company travelers choose, there is no better way to see the stunning architecture and vibrancy of New York's city lights than from the deck of a ship.