There are hundreds of cruise destinations to choose from when planning a seagoing getaway. Many cruise ships even offer a range of destinations on the same voyage, and savvy guests will plan a cruise itinerary to visit the most intriguing, captivating destinations.
Popular Cruise Destinations
The most popular cruise ship destinations include:
- Western Caribbean: Western Caribbean cruises range from a mere three days to more than two weeks and may include several stops, such as: Key West, Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel, and other ports.
- Eastern Caribbean Cruises: Eastern Caribbean cruises are a bit more exclusive than western-oriented voyages, and often visit the Virgin Islands, private islands, and other secluded ports of call.
- Mexico Cruises: Cruises to Mexico from the Caribbean often visit Cozumel and the Yucatan Peninsula, while Pacific Ocean Mexico voyages call on Ensenada, Acapulco, and Cabo San Lucas.
- Alaskan Cruises: Alaskan cruises are popular summer voyages and feature exotic wildlife, stunning scenery, and all the luxurious amenities of spectacular cruise ships.
- European Cruises: A European voyage may visit Barcelona, the Greek Islands, Venice, or many other renowned and exotic cities.
In addition to these popular itinerary options, cruise passengers frequently visit more unusual destinations such as the Nile River, the Galapagos Islands, Australia, and many others. Wherever there is water, there will be a cruise destination for passengers to explore.
Choosing Your Destination
Choosing a cruise destination should be done carefully, and there are many factors to consider, including:
- Cost: More exotic destinations may be more expensive to visit because not as many cruise lines include them on regular itineraries.
- Climate: Knowing what to expect in terms of weather and temperature can help passengers plan the appropriate cruise wear to pack for their vacation.
- Attractions: Popular destinations often have numerous attractions to explore, while more isolated ports may not have as many options for passengers to choose from.
These are only the basic considerations for choosing a cruise destination. Many passengers also consider other factors, such as language, educational opportunities, and personal interests when selecting the perfect ports of call.
The best part of any cruise destination is that it is sure to be part of a memorable, exciting vacation. Bon voyage!